Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pink Hijab Day

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu,

Some of you may or may not know that today is PINK HIJAB DAY. Muslims women all over the world are wearing their pink hijabs today to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This years even is especially significant for me because someone close to me has been diagnosed and with Breast Cancer last year. She (Alhumdulillah) is now in remission. Insha'Allah on Friday she will have some reconstructive surgery to fill in the tissue that was removed. May Allah (swt) allow the surgery to be a success.



My outfit...



A closer look at the hijab(s)

I didn't want to wear any jewelry today because I think pink is such a loud colour and I dont know maybe I was just being lazy..

Undershirt: Forever21 ($5)
Dark Hijab: Forever21 ($6)
Pink Hijab: Pakistan
Blouse: Sears ($4) SALE!!!
Jeans: Kohl's: ($12)



I saw this video on youtube today and thought it was absolutely wonderful. And I especially liked that they included men in the video because I think it''s important to know men also get breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something <3