Thursday, January 10, 2013

Faux Kolacky!!!

The other day people were coming over and I had to scramble because there was nothing to serve with chai (tea). So I went to Walmart and picked up "Raspberry Kolackys". They were pretty, cheap and looked like they would go well with chai. One guest made a comment, these are so delicious, how did you make them, I want to know. I was kind of embarrassed and said.."WALMART".

Those Kolackys were still on my mind days later. Looking in my freezer I found some puff pastry sheets and I already had jam, then I thought why not.

Here are the results of a lingering dessert stuck in my mind for way too long.

Strawberry Jam and Marmalade- Stored in the recycled store bought container.
Icing makes all things pretty.

These turned out quite lovely and almost reminded me of a danish. Very tasty. One day I will make the real deal from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something <3